Position: Associate Professor
Location: Lund, SE
Working place: Senior Consultant and Head of Syncope Unit; Dept. of Cardiology,
Skåne University Hospital, 214 28 Malmö (Sweden);
Academic position: Associate Professor, Dept. of Clinical Sciences, Lund University; Clinical Research Center, 214 28 Malmö (Sweden)
• 1984 - 1990 - Wrocław Medical University, Poland (MD, “Cum laude”; first class honors)
• 1995 - 1999 - Wroclaw Medical University, Poland: PhD studies; doctoral thesis (June 22, 1999): "Influence of Low - Frequency Electromagnetic Field on the Growth of Morris Hepatoma in Experimental Model in Rats" / specialist training in internal medicine and cardiology.
• 2001-2006 – Sweden specialist training in general medicine (2001-2003), internal medicine (2004-2005), and cardiology (2005-2006).
• 2007 – 2012 – Dept. of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmö, Sweden; Post-Doc position.
• 2013 - Associate Professor, Lund University; Cardiovascular Medicine
• 2016 – Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
• PhD students: 5 as main supervisor; 4 as co-supervisor
• Post-doc: 2 as main supervisor (one completed; one pending).
• Specialist in cardiology, internal and general medicine
• Member of the Task Force Group of European Society of Cardiology for Syncope Guidelines
• Research areas: syncope, orthostatic hypotension, cardiac arrhythmias, cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction, hypertension, biomarkers, autoimmune cardiovascular diseases, genetics of cardiovascular disease
Peer-reviewed publications (2020-02-05): approx. 100 + 2 books.
Guest editor: Frontiers of Cardiovascular Medicine
Reviewer: approx. 60 medical journals; Lancet Neurology, Nature Reviews Nephrology, JACC, Circulation, European Heart Journal, Hypertension, American Journal of Physiology, Annals of Internal Medicine, JAMA Internal Medicine, Brain.